Our mission is to provide professional opportunities for library staff
to grow, learn, and connect with new ideas.
The 29th annual Reaching Forward will be held Friday, May 4, 2018, at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center, Rosemont, Illinois.
Reaching Forward Awards
The 2017 award winners were recognized at this year’s conference.
Robert P. Doyle Award
Selection Process: Nominations are open, with a deadline of March 31, 2018. You may submit nominations for yourself or for a colleague. A panel of judges from the Reaching Forward Committee will be responsible for choosing the recipients. Supporting reasons for the nomination of a candidate must be provided.
- Patrice Johnson, Co-manager Chicago Public Library
- Veronica De Fazio, Co-manager Head of Youth Services at Plainfield Public Library District
- Zachariah Terrill, Co-manager McHenry Public Library District
- Belinda Husak, Member Algonquin Area Public Library District
- Carla J. Nolidis, Member Naperville Public Library
- Diane Gioe, Member Poplar Creek Public Library District
- Georgia Pichinos-Anderson, Member Highland Park Public Library
- Heidi Knuth, Member Youth Services Librarian/Preschool Outreach Coordinator at Bloomingdale Public Library
- Jane Jenkins, Member Director at Green Hills Public Library District
- Janet Wigodner, Member Waukegan Public Library
- Jennifer Worrell, Member Illinois Institute of Technology
- Louise T. Svehla, Member Consulting and Continuing Education Specialist at Reaching Across Illinois Library System
- Lynn M. Krambeer, Member Library Assistant at Lake Forest Library
- Mary Beth Fuller, Member Bartlett Public Library District
- Melinda Provost, Member Chicago Ridge Public Library
- Samantha Chiappone, Member Mount Prospect Public Library
- Sangeeta Bhargava, Member Reference Librarian at Schaumburg Township District Library
- Teri Scallon, Member Arlington Heights Memorial Library
- Theresa Therens, Member Algonquin Area Public Library District