The IACRL Conference & Continuing Education Committee is pleased to announce its next Spark event! Join us for Spark: Looking Back, Looking Forward via Zoom. Librarians from all libraries in Illinois are welcome to attend!
The committee is seeking proposals in the theme of preparing for a post-pandemic future. Topics to consider include:
• Practices/services adopted during the pandemic you wish to sustain afterwards
• Lessons learned from transitioning back to in-person after a closure
• Considerations for possibly moving back to in-person in the fall
• Hybrid methods for online instruction
• Flipped classrooms
• Other thoughts on handling post-pandemic life in your library
Proposals on other topics will also be considered as space allows.
Presenters will give 10-minute lightning talks on their topics. After a set of lightning talks, attendees will go into breakout rooms to network and discuss the lightning round topics, and will have the opportunity to ask questions of the presenter in their breakout room. Participants will also be able to discuss their own experiences and ideas with one another.
If you are interested in presenting, please submit a proposal by Friday, May 21. The schedule will be finalized no later than May 28.
Submit a Proposal