Intellectual Freedom Committee
- Keeps abreast of statewide and national issues and challenges.
- Gathers and disseminates information to the membership.
- Serves as a clearinghouse and source of information for libraries seeking assistance.
- Promotes intellectual freedom by actively contacting library and school officials where materials or procedures have been challenged, offering the assistance of the ILA membership.
- Raises awareness and provides continuing education activities for the public and membership.
- Selects the Intellectual Freedom Award winner.
- Provides leadership and assistance in access and privacy for electronic information.
Committee membership is not more than ten personal members from diverse types of library settings. Members serve a two-year, staggered term. Chair is appointed by the vice president/president-elect of ILA for one year.
Melissa Rice (term on committee 2012-2014)
Frankfort Public Library District
21119 S. Pfeiffer Rd.
Frankfort, IL 60423-9301
Lenora Berendt 2014-2016
Jeremy Dunn 2013-2015
Heidi Knuth 2014-2016
Maria F. Meachum 2014-2016
Sudan Prokopeak 2014-2016
Roger A. Ritzman 2013-2015
Lisa J. Waskin 2014-2016